Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Light and Motion Dive Lights

So I just picked up my new video lights. I got two of the 1200 video lights and one 800 photo light. First thing I noticed was how small these lights are. All three are the same size in fit comfortably in the palm of my hand.
Next came the light test and I did this in a sunlit room with the lights on. The 1200's still filled in the shadows and you could clearly see the spot beam on all three power settings. The best part was the light itself. It has a complete coverage. no hotspots and no drop off. These lights are amazing. They came charged, but I plan to drain them down as the instructions say for a complete charge they fill better from empty to full.
The photo light (includes red light) was bought more to see what it would be like. I bought it as a focus light, but decided to get the 800 instead of the 500 for the extra power. This one is a flood light only no spot. Which is all I needed it for. The red light is way better than expected for a couple of reasons. first being it is a lot brighter than I thought it would be. it's not supposed to frighten animals and the selling point that light and motion doesn't mention is that red light doesn't affect your night vision. While that's not really a concern in night diving it does have its uses underwater.
All in all these lights are perfect so far. Still want to see how long the battery actually lasts on full power, but will need a confirmed full battery to accurately test that. Also, another big deal for these is the price and convenience of these. The price is a lot cheaper than the big dive lights for the light you are getting. the convenience of these is the multiple ways they can be mounted to different platforms. I bought additional ball mounts (since they are attaching to strobe arms) and it took about two second to change the attachment pieces. They also have hand straps for another easier option.

My opinion is these are amazing and more than worth the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment