Saturday, April 28, 2012

Aquatica still fails

So recently I had a troubled dive and nothing seemed to work. I thought it was me and in a way it was for not dry firing everything before I got in the water. Well yesterday I took the extra effort and test fired everything. The strobes fired and the set button actually recorded for a few seconds. Maybe this is what I should have done before every dive...

As the time approaches Into the water I go. On the descent I position the strobes and fire a couple test shots. Still working! I push the live view button next which has had trouble before and it turns on instantly! I push the set button to record... Nothing! Again!

I would like to mention that I don't normally like to talk about what I paid for something, but here I would just like to mention that this housing costs more than my Jeep. I only bring this up to verbalize why I'm so frustrated. This was supposed to be "The" purchase. Everyone said "you get what you pay for" when I had a crappy Ikelite housing (which was still two grand). So I bought the top of the line. The Aston Martin of camera housings. You can't find one with a better reputation or higher price for my camera. Now, I haven't had full function since day one. As much as I want to fix this myself I don't want to void the warranty by tinkering with it.

I get a nagging feeling that this company might have gotten to big for its britches. I hope they don't expand to much and start putting out sub-par products. This might be the single most frustrating thing I have ever purchased. My response to everyone that said "you get what you pay" for is F%*$ you!

Now this just might be me, but I want to think people should take pride in their work. Whether you hate your job or started your own company. It's your job and there should be no reason not to do it the best you can. If it takes you longer because your not good at it, well take the extra time and produce a quality product or service.

As for aquatica they did take the extra time. It took them twice as long as they promised. Which would have been okay if that time was required to put out the perfect product. The waiting itself was frustrating, but not nearly as much as waiting and then getting a defective product. I have a strong feeling this will need to be sent back.

That bring up another world of problems in itself. By the time these guys stop dragging their feet summer will be over as well as the dive season. I can't afford to send something this big to another country after what I had to pay for it. Not to mention the biggest reason I started diving again was this housing and now I can't even get the enjoyment I was expecting out of it.

Well... Here are some pics from yesterday. At least the photo part is working. If only the video (the reason I bought this rig) was working as well.













No comments:

Post a Comment