Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Inon z-240

Well these strobes arrived the day after I ordered them. I ordered from reef photo in fort lauderdale. they were very helpful and have helped when I had questions. Also stephen Frink studios has answered some questions. The strobes arrived and had a lot more bits and instruction booklets than I would have imagined.
If you've ever done any underwater work these are for the most part pretty self explanatory. As I am new to underwater strobes I had some questions about some of the unneeded parts. The instructions never give clear indication about what you should do with certain things if they aren't necessary. If you have a local shop that can help then it's not a big deal, but since a couple of these questionable areas can be potential flood points they are kind of a big deal.
Since my housing seems like it will never arrive I haven't been able to test these strobes underwater or even fire them since they have to hook to a camera. (Maybe, if I can test fire the flash I can't figure out how). The focus light does work and it's pretty nice that you can change the lens filter piece for the red and white options. I do wish however that you could screw both pieces together.
Well so far that's all I've been able to do with them. I talk more about them when I've had a chance to actually test these out.
Still pretty excited...

No comments:

Post a Comment