Monday, April 23, 2012

Aquatica 5D Mark ii day 2 - Macro Port

Ok last time I took this out without really looking at what was where. This time I attached the macro port and did a dry test run of each button and knob. Everything worked great and have full functions of each button.
This time with the macro port it was neutral maybe slightly negatively buoyant. Which I prefer. Also it's evenly distributed which makes a world of difference to me. I tested everything underwater and everything worked except the set button (again). Well this button is only important if you want to do video (or use most features on your camera) so this was a bit of a drag. It seems to work fine above water, but not below. Other than that I had full function which is good because I only shoot in manual underwater.
I spent a few hours in a canal underneath a boat in about 10ft of murky brown water. I really ran this through the paces changing buttons quickly and often depending on the shot I was trying. Now that I have a better feel for which knob does what I was able to change settings pretty quickly.
I'm starting to like this more and more. I don't have any new negatives from last time except the set button. I've only got positives so that makes me feel better about not buying a house instead of this rig. ha. I do like the macro port better than the dome, but I'm trying it again tomorrow on the Spiegel Grove again. So hopefully it will do as I want it to.
Here are a couple of pictures from the 100mm macro test run
Upside Down Jellyfish

Bearded Clam

Coral

Feather duster

Fish

Sea Grass

Fish

Sea Grass

Upside Down Jellyfish

No comments:

Post a Comment